Otakon 2013: Ursula Lives!!!

Thanks to a great suggestion from a friend of mine, I managed to get the tentacles filled with very little trouble (excepting, of course, the snowdrift of little white styrofoam pellets on the floor next to my sewing table... Those things get everywhere!). The magic solution? Pantyhose! I bought four pairs of cheap panty hose, cut off the legs, filled them with pellets, and slid them into the tentacles. Perfect!
I also tried the wig on today, and played around with the shell necklace. The wig will work well, but the necklace needs tweaking.
Diana took some pictures:
The dress really is surprisingly comfortable to wear; I can sit down in it without a problem. I haven't tried sitting on the floor yet, though, which is where we do end up sitting a lot as there aren't a lot of chairs at the convention center.
Back view:
The only thing left to do on the costume itself is to add some suckers to the tentacles. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do that... I'm tempted just to draw circles on the purple areas with a Sharpie marker. Now I need to work on one of the accessories I'll be carrying: a shawl/handbag in the shape of her eels, Flotsam and Jetsam.

Comments

  1. Great cosplay! Hope I can run into you at Otakon, I'll either be Terra from Teen Titans, Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin, or Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones). :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a hoot! That looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!