Yes, I'm still alive... and finally sewing again.

It seems like ages since I've spent any time in the sewing room. Too many other things have been competing for my time: my daughter is home from college, my husband's business is growing, and we are working on building a deck in the back yard. But I did manage to get down there long enough to crank out another pair of pants using my new Tried and True boot-cut jean pattern generated from PatternMaster Boutique. This is the same pattern I used to make my uniform pants for the January conference in Las Vegas.

I didn't change anything about the fit; the only difference is I made the front pocket openings a bit more horizontal, and I added back pockets.

Front view:
(Sorry for the awkward picture... my husband was eating an ice cream sandwich when I asked him to take pictures, and rather than wait until he was done, he just had the camera in one hand and the ice cream in the other.)

Back view:
To give the pockets some pizzazz, I added an embroidery design from Embroidery Library.

I plan to make these pants again, but next time I'm going to make them a little narrower at the hem, and also just a little bit longer. But this pattern is definitely worth doing again! I also plan to add embroideries to my garments more often; it just adds that little extra something special.

Comments

  1. Great job! I love the wine color. I so admire your sewing talent. I am still learning but at least I'm trying.

    ~Mrs. M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!