This Pattern is Officially a TNT!!

Tried 'n' True, that is! I was so excited about how the Curves shirt turned out that I went back down to the sewing room this morning and whipped out another one, using a fabulous knit I bought at Rose City Textiles in Portland, OR. Start to finish, it took me about an hour and a half. The armscye princess draft makes for quick serging assembly, and the triple coverstitch is a great finish for the hem, cuff and neckline. And now that I have finally gotten the hang of how to end a coverstitch, it's going even faster.

(Sorry for the poor picture... Had to use a tripod and self-timer because I was too impatient to wait for hubby to get home and take pictures!)
I'm wearing them with the pants I made earlier this year as part of my uniform. I also need to make more of the pants because they're really the most comfortable pair in my wardrobe.
Back view:
I love the sleeves, and the longer bodice length means I don't have to worry about it coming untucked if I decide to tuck it into my pants/skirt.

Like I Need Another Hobby...
This Saturday I'm going to venture into very dangerous territory: the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I've never been before, but many of my friends have raved about it. My daughter also loves to knit, so I'm going to find some yarn for her. And maybe, just maybe, I'll dust off my old knitting skills and take up a different type of needle too.

Comments

  1. I headed to the MSW festival on Sunday! Watch out, there's much more than knitting -- spinning and weaving abound and you can develop those interests pretty quickly while there ; }
    Lynn B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Both the top and the MSW. The top looks great, and a well fitted knit top is pure gold! And I'll be at the festival both days! It's crazy mad busy there (on Saturday especially) but I'll be looking for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognize that fabric! I have that very same shirt in my closet twice over - I used armhole princess and made one in long sleeve and a second in short sleeve. That fabric is amazingly comfortable, washes beautifully and dries quickly. Oh, and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!