The Girlfriend Gown: So Close!!!

It's almost there. SO close! I've only got a few things to do before delivery tomorrow morning.

The front:

The color is so perfect on Sis; the trim is very subtle.

Side view:


Back view:


The wrinkles are caused mostly by the dress being pulled forward by her bust. To help keep the back in place, I'm going to add a stay at the empire seam. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Here's the detail of the trim:


The changes I need to make tonight are to add a band to the bottom of the dress (in leiu of trim, of which I do not have enough), add the stay, and give it a really good press.

Oh yeah, then I need to figure out what I'm going to wear to this party.

Comments

  1. I've been following the construction of this dress with great interest. Thank you for sharing! Can you please show how you put in the stay? I'm interested in seeing how the fit will look different. Great job, so far!

    Thanks,

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... Please share!